ninnifer

Friday, June 01, 2007

Anticipating Summer







This is where I'm going to spend much of my summer, as long as the summer gods are in agreement. This is the pool at our Cross Court athletic club here in Woodland. Bernard and I both love it. The people who work here are cheerful and relaxed, and most of the members are friendly. There aren't a ton of swim lanes as you can see, but usually I can find my way down a straight line without kicking too many kids underwater. I don't think it hurts too much when I do (at least that's what I'm telling myself :)


This year I started out doing about 12 laps ( I think one lap is about 25 meters), and now I'm up to about 40. I'm doing my best to get my leg, hip and behind muscles to pull their fair share, as I tend to usually rely on my arms to move me through the water. So, I've been using the kick-boards a lot lately. I feel like I move very little, very slowly, and am almost embarassed about it. But, embarassment hasn't gotten in my way a lot lately and I'm not going to let it stop me. I think I'm making some progress (i.e. moving a little faster these days). Yippee!


I've found a new beauty goodie. This Neutrogena "Build a Tan" has become part of my new after-shower regimn. You (I) do have to remember to blend it all in, and not leave any extra cream sit on the skin, or else risk looking like a tan-and-white zebra in the morning. Yes, I've got a couple of those lines on my calves as we speak.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home