ninnifer

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Who Wants To See My Babies?

I have so much love for the little souls who live with us. I know, many think that we're silly, or that the love we receive from them is just "conditioning," that they've been positively reinforced to come out of their cages to see us because we're food/pellet providers. I don't think its as simplistic as that. Love can't be explained. Its not logical, but I know it when I feel it.... and who in their right mind can't feel a little "something" when they see these little precious bundles of fur?
Have you ever seen something so cute that you wanted to crack?!? Or eat it up? Or squeeze it? Of course I'm not talking about hurting it.... but I just dunno!?! Words fail me....




Our Bimpki and Timki watching TV with us. They really like the hours between 11:00 and 1:00 when there are back-to-back episodes of Dallas. They're still waiting to see who shot JR. Don't worry.... I won't ruin it for them.
Okay...the real deal. This is what we see every night around 10:00 pm: two little party girls wondering why their parents are heading to bed. Jeez...those humans have it all backwards!





Who wants a Timki kiss???




Two of our ckickens in their akward teenage stage.... can you see how Cici ("see see") is growing in facial stubble? Lulu was supposed to start showing her black polka-dot spots, but has still yet to do so... So much for sales promises at the feed store...





The "Grande Dame" of the garden, Suri Maya. She is THE sweetest cat I've ever known, not one of these aloof types. She comes when she knows you're around, and wants to make your lap her permanent home. Oh.... she's a good mouser too!







And this is the dog I hope to have one day. Growing up, my aunt and uncle had two of these beautiful and sweet Shetland Sheepdogs, Hector and Mandy. They provided such a beautiful model of a happily married couple to me. When they laid down together, Hector or Mandy would put their paw on the other's, and when tired, would sleep with their noses tucked into each other's.... How beautifully romantic.






Baby chickens again... when they just started out.












Last, but certainly not least..... P-I-M-I!!! Pimi, the one-eyed miniature hamster. Even though this little spirit could only see from one side of his face, was infested with some mystery skin infection, lost his upper and lower teeth, yetdarted out in spooky snake fashion whenever a finger came near him (only to be bitten by his pink gums), he managed to find his way into our hearts as no other rodent ever has. We love you Pimi.... We miss you....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home